Sunday, January 29, 2012

Identity Crisis

:: LIES ::
who am i ?! this is a question that i struggle with and in general our society struggles with  ... i know i am a : daughter , sister, friend ,but these are of the world. on a daily basis we are fed lies of this world... we are told we find our significance in our status, riches, education, clothing, homes, the cars we drive , etc. this list could go on.  we are told that we are our scars and our history, we are told that our past mistakes define who we are.
:: TRUTH ::
the truth is simple : what matters is who i am in CHRIST!  my identity is in CHRIST,  because of this i know that i am ACCEPTED , SECURE ,  and SIGNIFICANT.

{ JJ Heller }

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).
I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).
I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).
I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).
I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).
I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).
I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).
I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).
I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).
I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:51 Peter 2:24).
I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6Colossians 2:12).
I am greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7Ephesians 2:4Colossians 3:121 Thessalonians 1:4).


with love,
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks all you wonderful bloggers for coming by ... i always love to hear from you!

with love,
meg